Pages

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

"Pamper-Me" MUSTs !!

I am restless. I am a known workaholic and taking some time-off for myself was unheard of before I embarked on my adventure as a WAHM. So what does a workaholic WAHM like myself indulge in on "official off days"?

Well, so far I have cleared out quite abit of my work space...9 full bags that is ! WOOHOO !

I made more soaps for replenishment at the Garden Shop. (Is this considered cheating? heehee...I got really bored with nothing to do wat?!)

Made 5 new molds in preparation of a new range of artisan soaps. Hmm...I find this really addictive and am considering conducting some workshops on mold-making to complement my soap-crafting workshops.  ;)

Scheduled appointments into March...did my first pedicure in more than 12 months! ...and I found THESE !!!

Pink : Collagen Crystal Eyes-Socket Mask
Silver : Oxy-Peptide Nano Fibre Face Mask

These were sample masks given to me by one of my suppliers during my last set-up project. Quick check on their expiry dates and they were still good to use! I have quite forgotten when was the last time I had a DIY "pamper-me" session.  Hmmm...

Do you still remember those yeeky paper masks that do nothing for your face? Common sense - how is that piece of paper going to transfer all the purported goodies into the skin rite?

Collagen masks are great since they pump moisture into the surface of the skin. I recall a local wellness/facial chain that used to retail such masks at S$58 per piece! Those were the dry collagen type whereby the beautician would 'adhere" the collagen paper mask onto the face with water or hydrosols. And you lie on the treatment bed till the mask dries out.

Now, if you ♥ masks as part of your face-care regime; have you ever had a Nano Fibre Face Mask ? This techonology has been around for some time, however many salons or spas would have avoided them due to significantly higher costs.

I love this bio fibre material. It is such a thin jelly-like film that clings wonderfully onto the skin. No more snipping off the mask to fit it onto the contours of the face. I can walk around the house with my mask on! The nano-technology (in layman terms) allows better transfer from the surface of the mask (fused with all the good stuff) and into the deeper dermal layers of the skin. All the ingredients a.k.a. Goodies are absorbed effectively into the skin. Beauty begins within mah... *wink** you get the idea :) 

How else to share this little T-R-E-A-S-U-R-E with you than "Step-by-Step" instructions with "Before" and "After" photos ?!

BEFORE : I did an omega-peel (to remove the dead skin cells so as to allow better absorption of all the expensive active ingredients in the mask!) Skin is super-dehydrated due to neglect and a bad sunburn during the December holidays with kiddos; still experiencing peeling on the forehead, cheeks and chin.

- Cut silver foil. You will see a neatly folded Blue & White pack. (This is the nano fibre face mask).

- Remove Blue & White pack carefully from foil, taking care not to spill the liquid contents. (This is the good stuff that you can apply onto your neck area or onto the mask when it starts to dry out)


Back of mask - unfolded

Mask just removed from foil pack

 - Unfold the pack. Remove the Blue 'cover' and the jelly-like (almost translucent) mask sits on the White plastic. (I was so excited upon seeing the mask and had forgotten to snap a pic of it...oops!)

- Gently peel the mask off the White plastic and apply onto face. I prefer to apply from the forehead and move downwards, and smooth out the air pockets as I go along. It will be a perfect fit for everyone!


Me wearing Nano Fibre Face Mask

- Sit back and relax :)  If you are restless like ME, you will be pleasantly surprised that you will not have to worry about the mask slipping out of position as you move around. I am sitting upright at my computer and working on this blog as I indulge alittle ♥

SO COOL RITE ?!?!! yes! and the mask does feel pleasantly cool on the skin; and no, I do not have streaks of liquid streaming down the sides of my face, the back of my ears and down my neck (heehee...sounds familiar?)

- Leave mask on face for a minimum of 30mins. I applied the remaining liquid serum in the foil onto the mask and neck area and had the mask on for more than an hour! K-I-A-S-U mah!

- Once the mask feels dry, remove the mask by peeling it off, starting from the jawline.

used Nano Fibre Face Mask

AFTER : OOOMMPH !! My skin feels smooth and lifted; and is soft, dewy to the touch. Definately hydrated and calmed. See the difference !



AFTER

BEFORE

Most of the nano fibre face masks in the market contain mainly Hyaluronic acid which is an excellent moisturiser. This one is unique and contains MORE! We call this the Oxy-Peptide Nano Fibre Face Mask.

Here are the ingredients and benefits:

1) Nano Platinum - possesses anti-aging properties

2) Oxygen (perfluodecalin) - uplifts and oxygenate; brightens tired, haggard-looking skin. Oxygen HEALS!

3) Peptides - minimises wrinkles.

4) Collagen - pumps up the surface of the skin, making it look healthy, younger and smoother!

5) Hyaluronic Acid - effective moisturiser for the skin.

6) Ginko - valued for its anti-aging properties

7) Alpha Arbutin - promotes lightening and an even skin tone on all types of skin

8) CoQ10 - natural enzyme found in all body cells and known for its anti-aging properties. Protects against oxidative stress-induced cell death (fantastic anti-oxidant) and enhances the synthesis of basement membrance components in dermal and epidermal cells (i.e. it stimulates the production of essential skin ingredients (eg collagens) to allow the body to regenerate new skin cells).

Now you understand why I say that THIS is the mask for me :D

I have heard positive feedback about using this mask onboard flights. The ladies swear that they look refreshed and their skin glowing when they leave the plane. oohhh....how nice! Some die-hards love the effects of this mask so much that they use it daily.

Die-die Mask-have ahh !!


**edited on 22 Feb @ 4.10am

It is important to note that Oxy-Peptide Nano Fibre Face Mask is not suitable for acne skin as the active ingredients will be too stimulating and result in further outbreaks of acne. Do not use on broken skin.

2 comments:

  1. My mum has good skin. So I just briefly took one of her SKII to use, which I assume is a moisturizer. It's good man I tell you! She gave me a small bottle of eye cream before but the effects weren't that great and I stopped using. But my mum's eye cream is good! I can feel it reacting once I applied it

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes i must admit that SKII does have a good range of products. Just be careful when sharing products as we all have different skin types. I remember using my mum's eye cream when I was a teenager and i actually developed milia around my eyes as it was too rich for my skin then!

    ReplyDelete